I love using my pressure cooker in the fall and winter. It’s seriously taken the place of my slow cooker. This Healthy White Chicken Chili takes only 7 minutes to cook and taste like it’s been simmering all day. You may be familiar with my Homemade Chicken Noodle recipe that also only takes 7 minutes. This is just crazy, isn’t it?! If you haven’t invested in a pressure cooker, don’t wait any longer. This is the pressure cooker I have. It also acts as a slow cooker too. Any type of electric pressure cooker will work (Instant Pot).
This Chicken Chili recipe is not only easy to make it’s healthy. Instead of using sour cream, I used non-fat Greek yogurt. It’s a great alternative to sour cream. I also used organic cannellini beans, corn, and chicken broth. I also used all natural chicken breast.
Once the timer goes off, turn pressure cooker off and allow it to naturally release the steam. This can take 10-12 minutes depending on your pressure cooker. Once you can open the lid, add the Greek yogurt and stir well. This really adds creaminess to the chili. Serve in a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.
Healthy White Chicken Chili in the Pressure Cooker.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups minced onion
- 3 pieces of chicken breast, cubed (1 1/2 pounds or so )
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cans organic Cannellini Beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 – 4.5 ounces can of chopped Green Chilis Mild (do not drain)
- 2 cups of frozen corn or 1 can of corn, drained (15 oz.)
- 1 – 32 oz Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth (4 cups)
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- Turn pressure cooker setting to saute or brown. Add onions, garlic, and salt. Sautee for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cubed chicken and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add cumin, chili powder, white pepper, cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Next add green chilis, corn, cannellini beans, and chicken broth. Mix well.
- Place the lid of pressure cooker and set for 7 minutes.
- Once it’s finished, turn pressure cooker off and allow natural release. This can take 10-12 minutes depending on your pressure cooker.
- Remove lid and add Greek yogurt and mix well.
- Serve and add any additional toppings.