- 2 Tablespoons of Avacado Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 can of Black Beans, drained rinsed and mashed ( I use organic)
- 1/4 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, plain
- 1 Tablesppon chopped onion (White, Yellow or Red onion)
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Quinoa by following directions on package.
- Drain and rinse black beans. Pour into medium bowl and use a potato masher to mash beans.
- Next add Cumin, onion, cooked Quinoa, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, and pepper and mix well combing all ingredients.
- Use your hands to form patties (usually I get 4 out of mine)
- Heat oil in skillet over low to medium heat. Add patties to pan and cook on each side until lightly browned, about 3 – 4 minutes per side.