Pan Seared Scallops Spinach Salad with avocado, carrot ribbons and cherub tomatoes.
- — For the Scallops —
- 8 Scallops (Preferably Dry Scallops) Use 4 sea scallops for one salad
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil (or Olive oil)
- Cracked Black Pepper
- — For Salad —
- 1 Avacado (use half for each salad)
- 4 cups Spinach leaves
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed over salads
- 1 Carrot shaved into ribbons
- 1 Cup Cherub Tomatoes, divided between salads
- Prepare the spinach salads by adding spinach to bowls.
- Slice avocado and add them to the spinach bowls.
- Add ribbon carrots and Cherub Tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a caster iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of Avocado oil (or Olive Oil) over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot add scallops being careful not to overcrowd; sear 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. We are searing on very high heat so the outside browns and the inside remain juicy.
- Remove immediately from heat and serve over salad. Squeeze lemon over each salad.