It’s in the single digits here in St. Louis I am all about soup and chili recipes. This Southwest Chicken Chili recipe from Red Gold Tomatoes only takes 30 minutes to make. It’s not your typical thick chili. It’s more of a soup consistency full of zesty southwest spices that you are sure to love. It’s only 160 calories per serving so healthy and delicious.
I am a brand ambassador for Red Gold I show just how easy this recipe is in this cooking segment on Fox 2.
I only use Red Gold Tomatoes for my recipes because they are truly the best. Picked at the peak of ripeness and canned with only two hours of harvest. Grown on family farms and all 100% natural. You will love this chili.
Recipe adapted from Red Gold Tomatoes.Print
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Red Gold® Original Tex-Mex Petite Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, or 2 (10 ounce) cans Huy Fong® Sriracha Diced Tomatoes & Red Chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large kettle, add onion and garlic and cook until soft. Stir in chicken broth petite diced tomatoes, petite diced tomatoes & green chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add beans, corn and chicken; simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Option: Garnish with diced avocado, sour cream or shredded cheese.
- Meat Option: Prepare chicken from 1 pound of chicken breasts. Preheat oven to 375o F. In a bowl combine 1½ teaspoons cumin, ½ teaspoon chili powder, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon salt. Place chicken on lined (foil) baking sheet. Drizzle chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with seasoning mixture. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Cool and cut into bite size pieces.
I love working with Kim Hudson from Fox 2 Now St. Louis. She’s a gem!
I swear was suppose to be born in the 50’s. I love this old T.V. and camera.