Pizza is a favorite food of many, so why not make it into a soup for the fall and winter months? This recipe from Red Gold Tomatoes did just that. This Pizza Soup is a quick and delicious meal for families on the go. See my news segment video below.
I’m working with Red Gold this month to help spread the word about their Crush Hunger campaign. For each Red Gold product purchased in the month of October, Red Gold will donate a meal to Feeding America food banks across the country. By making this recipe, 3 meals will be donated to a family in need. How awesome is this?!
A single can in your grocery cart puts a meal on the table for someone in need. To learn more about Crush Hunger visit helpcrushhunger.com
This recipe is a low carb and you can use Turkey Pepperoni for an even healthier option.Print
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1 1/4 cups diced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Red Gold® Crushed Tomatoes, or 1 (28
ounce) can Red Gold® Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14.5
ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes Green Chilies
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, sauté sausage, mushrooms,
onionand garlic for 2 to 3 minutes or until sausage is browned. Add water, crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, diced tomatoes, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese and garnish with mozzarella cheese.
See the news segment below.