This Easy Creamy Chicken and Enchilada Soup is full of the most delicious flavors. Oh my, it’s delicious. Shredded chicken, corn, black beans, and cheese make this soup irresistible. It’s the perfect soup for a cold winter night. This soup takes no time to make but tastes like it has been simmering all day. I used chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken to save time. You can certainly make your own chicken breast though.
If you follow me on my Instagram Stories, you have seen me making this soup many times. I was making it once a week. It’s just oh so good.
For the toppings, I like to use greek yogurt in place of sour cream. I also like to add a few tortilla strips. You could also add jalapenos and or cilantro. I love cilantro.
Trust me when I say this soup will not disappoint. If you love soups like me you might like my Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe in the pressure cooker. If you make any of my recipes I would love to see them on social media. [email protected]
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups of cooked chicken breast, shredded (I use a rotisserie chicken to save time)
- 1 can of enchilada sauce (mild)
- ½ cup masa flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1//8 pepper
- ⅛ salt
- 16 oz. block of Velveeta cheese, cut into small blocks
- 15 oz corn. drained
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat olive oil in a larch Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent (3-5 minutes).
- Add 5 cups of chicken broth & enchilada sauce to pot and stir.
- In a small bowl whisk Masa and 1 cup of chicken broth together, then add to the pot, mixing well. (The soup will start to thicken).
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to soup.
- Cut Velveeta cheese into small blocks and add to broth stirring continuously.
- Once the cheese is melted add corn, black beans, and shredded chicken, mix well.
- Cook for an additional about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.