These Crustless Mini Quiches from Red Gold Tomatoes are delicious and are perfect for my upcoming Christmas brunch. Spinach, Red Gold tomatoes and artichoke hearts give this dish the vibrant red and green color. For the holidays, I thought it would be fun to use my doughnut pan and make little Christmas wreaths to go along with the muffin-shaped quiches. How cute are these?
The second time I made this recipe, I changed was the amount of cheese I used. I only used 1/2 cup of Fetta and 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. I just sprinkled the tops of the quiches before baking. This was the only thing I changed.
Photo and recipe adapted from Red Gold Tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can artichokes, hearts quartered, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled, or shredded white cheddar cheese (I just used 1/2 cup and sprinkled the tops of the mini quiches)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan cheese (I just used 1/4 cup sprinkled the tops of the mini quiches)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes Garlic & Olive Oil, drained
- Preheat oven to 350o F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, making sure you completely cover all surfaces of each cup to prevent sticking.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add onion and bell pepper, cook until tender; about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted; about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts, oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and black pepper; stir to combine.
- Pour 1/4 cup of mixture into each muffin cup.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk and tomatoes; whisk together. Pour egg mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups, then top with 1 tablespoon of feta and 2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until eggs are set and slightly golden around the edges. A knife inserted into the center should come out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle each egg cup with basil, if desired.
- Will keep in refrigerator 3 to 4 days or can be frozen and reheated in microwave.
Here are some photos from my Fox 2 St. Louis news segment.