If you are looking for a healthy breakfast idea, then you will love these Healthy Egg Muffin Cups. My kids love these and so does my hubby. I make these once a week and we eat on them through the week. Meal prepping is one thing I do, so I can make healthier choices when it’s time to eat. You know, when you are starving and need something asap. These are jammed packed with protein and flavor. You can add or take away any of the ingredients. The healthier items you add, the better.
I host Christmas brunch every year and I added these to the menu this year. There were a huge hit.
- 4 organic eggs
- ½ lb. organic sausage
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- A handful of spinach leaves
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of crescent rolls
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- Dash of Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside
- Cook sausage in skillet until no longer pink.
- Break sausage up into small pieces, Drain and set aside.
- While sausage is cooking roll out crescent roll and cut each roll in half, Take half of the roll and cover the bottom of the muffin tin and press dough up the sides just a little. Do this with each muffin cup.
- Mix eggs, milk dry mustard, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Add crumbled sausage to each muffin tin.
- Tear spinach leaves into small pieces and add to each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a little cheese into muffin tins.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full with egg mixture. If you have left over mixture, continue filling the muffin tins.
- If you love cheese (like me) sprinkle top with additional cheese. This is optional.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown and eggs cooked fully. Watch closely because all ovens cook differently. (Insert a toothpick in center to see if egg is fully cooked. If it comes out clean, it's ready.)
- Take out of oven and place muffins on a cooling rack.
More of my healthy recipes are coming to the blog soon.