Are you looking for an easy dessert to take to your family or friends get together? Maybe a Memorial Day picnic or a Fourth of July event? Or maybe you are just looking for a delicious summer time cake for you.
I made a box cake and used this easy cake frosting topped with fresh strawberry slices and blueberries. Are you ready to wow your family and friends? You may be surprised to learn this cake frosting is actually my Strawberry Fruit Dip recipe. While eating the fruit dip one day, my sister had the idea that this would make an amazing frosting for cake. She was so right. See my Fruit Dip here. You may want to check out my baking tips for baking the perfect cake.
- 1 Strawberry Cream Cheese 8 oz. soften
- 1 container of Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme 7 oz.
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Blueberries for top of cake
- Strawberry Slices for top of cake
- Cake (I used a white box cake)
- Bake cake according to box instructions. Let cake cool. For the frosting, mix Strawberry Cream Cheese, Puffed Marshmallow Creme, and Vanilla Extract together in a medium size bowl with hand mixer until smooth. Frost your cake and and top with strawberry slices and blueberries. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers.